We have all heard the name “yoga“. But what is yoga? Most people think that it is just a trendy fitness exercise. There are people who even avoid it because they are too cool to follow trends.
We cannot fully benefit from something if we do not fully understand what it is all about. I have tried to explain here what yoga really means and how it can change our lives. I do not claim any expertise on yoga. This is just a humble attempt to throw some light on yoga in order to separate it from numerous misconceptions about it.
Yoga is a precious gift that has been discovered in India thousands of years ago. It has a tremendous potential to transform our lives without the requirements of any faith in supernatural. Yoga can be both perceived and practiced independent of religion.
This blog is mostly oriented toward Western people. Being born and brought up in India, I take great pleasure in sharing this. Yoga can be seen as a gift from India to the rest of the world. I believe anything that is good for the humanity should be shared and not confined in a particular culture or country.
Please feel free to comment and ask questions.
- Yoga 1: What the hell is water?
- Yoga 2: What is not yoga?
- Yoga 3: Reading the book of life.
- Yoga 4: What is yoga?
- Yoga 5: Yoga and liberation.
- Yoga 6: The side effects of yoga.
- Yoga 7: How to do yoga?
- Yoga 8: Raja yoga or the path of meditation.
- Yoga 9: Karma yoga or the path of action.
- Yoga 10: Jnana yoga or the path of knowledge.
- Yoga 11: Bhakti yoga or the path of devotion.
- Yoga 12: What now?